MUSEUMS AND ART GALLERIES
- Victoria and Albert Museum – Jameel Gallery of Islamic Art
- Victoria and Albert Museum – Exploring Image and Identity (various galleries)
- Tate Britain – Francis Bacon (Homosexuality and Beliefs)
- Science Museum – Only in England: Photographs by Tony Ray-Jones and Martin Parr
- London Central Mosque and Cultural Centre near Regent’s Park has organised visits. The London Central Mosque has many courses and open days where they share information about Islam.
London’s churches will allow you to explore the Christian faith and be inspired by amazing architecture and works of art. Some of the best ones are: St Bride’s just off Fleet Street (Sir Christopher Wren designed it); St Bartholomew the Great in Smithfield lays claims to appearing in Four Weddings and Funeral, Shakespeare in Love and The Other Boleyn Girl; Westminster Abbey contains memorials for some of Britain’s famous and great characters; St Paul’s is probably the most recognisable outline on London’s skyline (again a Wren masterpiece); and last but not least the Holy Trinity church in Sloane Street is wider than St Paul’s and has amazing stained glass windows, interior fittings and paintings.