Year 8 have given themselves a really good grounding in RE this year with the two units: What does it mean to be a Christian, and, What does it mean to be a Muslim. These two updated units were specifically designed to drip some of the new GCSE Religious Studies into Key Stage 3 so when students get to Year 10 and 11, they’ll understand a lot already!
We also have the Caring for Others, Genesis (creation and environment) and Suffering and Evil units to revise for the summer exam.
Here are some things to watch from BBC Bitesize Learning to get you started:
- A 3 minute video of a man explaining his belief that God created the world on the BBC
- A short history of the environment
- Darwinian Natural Selection
- Rap about creation and evolution
- A short history of evil, again in 3 minutes
- St Augustine’s Original Sin
- Why do we suffer
- What does the return of Christ mean to some Christians
- A short history of the afterlife
- Breaking of the 10 Commandments
- Christian prayer through music
- Rough guide to prayer
- Is God real?
- Is there a God?
- An introduction to Islamic beliefs
- Fasting during Ramadan
- Immam discusses ummah and jihad
- Introduction to the Qur’an
- Islamic respect and care in the family
- Muhammad the final prophet